Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

I see a Light!

It's really wierd to think about this year hind sight. The last month has been really crazy. It has gone from really stressful to way less stressful in a matter of weeks. There are two parts of state board that I had to take. The first was the practical, which is all of the hands on technical stuff and I was so very scared for this. Not that I didn't prepare, but I think I can speak for most of us when I say it is just fear of the unknown. Not knowing what is expected so I prepared, maybe even overprepared, so when the time comes and I have to perform and my nerves are completely frazzled, I can still do it and not freeze. So on the practical you get a pass/fail and I passed. Hurray! It was so crazy driving home and thinking it was all kind of a dream. I passed, I really passed. Then came the written, I had taken Miss Evan's tests at school and done pretty well all year, but when I started reviewing the testing booklet, I kinda started getting scared because so many of them I was blanking on, but I did my best and just studied as hard as I could. Both tests were timed and the the written was an hour and a half. I took 35 minutes to do 110 multiple choice. This time getting a 91%. I couldn't believe it and I still can't that everything is in the mail and I am just waiting for my license to come. Oh wait, it's not over yet. Now I get to move to Arizona and take the state laws and also present my Utah license the the Arizona state board, but then I will be licensed in Arizona and Utah. Oh, and I had to get a 90% on Miss Evans final to graduate. Yeah me! I pulled out a 95%!
1

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Way to go! You've put in so much hard work and effort... you deserve it! We will miss you and your family here, though.... and wish you the best of the best in AZ! *Ü*

The Stimpsons said...

Congratulations, Mel. I'm excited to see some more pics of Arizona! Show us the warmth! ;-)